You know how I have a love hate relationship with Social-Networking sites (Yes, even twitter). Well sometimes, I have found, it helps me sit back and re-discover myself.
There was this trending note that was passed around on Facebook a year or so back, where you are supposed to list out the 25 random things about you that make you YOU – facts, habits, goals etc. As always, I exceeded the word limit. But here is a little bit more about me.
1. I love lists. 🙂 And I express my best when I’m writing/typing rather than speaking. So this should be a breeze …. I hope 🙂
2. My itunes playlist will totally confuse you. I listen to classic rock and sonatas and rock and instrumental and gospel and even corny boy-band type songs.
3. I imagine in pictures, not in words unlike what most people think.
4. No two persons know the same Anju. If I were to diagnose myself, I’d have at least one disorder from each Axis in the DSM IV. I even claimed to have the stigmata once. Just saying …
5. I have studied (a)French and (b)Sociology and (c)Psychology and (d)Indian/European/Australian/African and American Literature and (e) graphic design and (f) audio, video editing (g) PR (h)Applied Social research (f) Community Development (g) Social Work and many more that are just not coming to my head now. 90% of this, i might never use in my life.
6. Worked at Radio and Advertising and Newspaper. Gave it all up for Social Work – the one career choice that as a child I swore I would never take up.
7. I have sung in a choir since I was 6 (I sing alto/harmony). All my life skills I learnt through music. Music excites me … especially acappela. I haven’t sung since 2006.
8. I’ve stopped making plans for my life. The World seems to have a plan for me that has turned out to be bigger and much better than I could’ve ever imagined.
9. I can only brush with a pink toothbrush. I’m obsessed with oral hygiene. I brush for at least half an hour a day. My siblings think I’ll lose all my teeth cause of over brushing. I hope they’re wrong.
10. I have trouble saying ‘maybe’ and ‘no’. I have no problems saying ‘I don’t know’
11. Despite how tired I look and how much I blame work for it, I LOVE my job.
12. When I retire I want to run a coffee shop that’s a good mix of Espressophilia and Sanctuary. It will have a library and lots of old trees. And I will try to make my dream of being a writer come true
13. Water calms me. If I decide to settle down, I hope I find some place near a lake or an ocean.
14. Coffee is my drug of choice. If coffee were a man, I’d be committed.
15. My alcohol capacity is unbelievable. I just start buzzing when the people around me start throwing up.
16. I need to have something to read every morning and every night.
17. Silence is the best thing that I’ve ever practiced.
18. I’ve learnt more this year than I ever have in my whole life.
19. My table has an altar on it. The altar also has space for my stationary and at least 4 books for easy access.
20. Staples, William Penn and any stationary store is my axe land.
21. 3/5 of my love interests were musicians. I think if I ever marry, he would be a musician.
22. I experience intensely, It seems the world allows me to see into it’s heart. Even into its rotteness
23. I love scars and crooked teeth and thick lips and manual labour/muscular arms.
24. I’m obsessed with eyes. Mum says I always have been.
25. I am a light traveller. Think I was meant to explore and travel the world.
26. I have been known to spend all my salary on books.
27. I listen to Christmas songs in April and June and whenever I feel it. I think Christmas is a state of mind.
28. I’ve always wanted to travel to Canada and Uganda.
29. I like to do crazy, spontaneous things like waking up early in the morning and picking flowers for roommates, leaving notes when people least expect it, planning treasure hunts for random people
30. I can go on and on and on and on and on and on as this list shows.
P.S. It seems I could list 30 more.