… There are cheer-leaders during the IPL in India. I mean, cheer-leaders? Really? For the most loved game in India? I went to the first RCB match and it was kinda depressing seeing as they had no idea what has happening and the people just … don’t give a shit.
Now that that semi-rant is out of the way, I should announce that Wilhelmina Upton (Thank you, thank you, thank you) nominated me for two blogosphere awards. For those of you who don’t blog, this technically means I’ve just won myself the Beautiful Blogger award and the Sunshine Award. The bad news is – all those years of me practicing my acceptance speeches were a total waste. The good news is that I have a bunch of questions to answer. THREE CHEERS FOR LISTS! 🙂
The SUNSHINE Award
1. Favourite Colour – I love colour, right now I’d have to say #004F00. Yes, I am nerdy like that.
2. Favourite Animal – Again, I love animals but right now, it’ll have to be this gorgeous fellow, Pascal from Tangled.
3. Favourite Non-Alchoholic Drink – Fresh Lime Soda – a summer favourite
4. Favourite Number – 27
5. Facebook or Twitter? – Ummm, Google Reader?
6. My Passion – A good combination of travelling, writing and working with youth. I’m still figuring out the secret to balance it.
7. Prefer getting or giving presents? – I’m rather awkward about receiving gifts – embarrassingly so. I really do enjoy making presents for people I love though. People say I’m rather good at it (they know not to say any different)
8. Favourite pattern – Anything symmetrical. My OCD senses start tingling if they aren’t even.
9. Favourite day of the week – Thursday – and not just because I was born then. It’s just the right distance down the week towards the weekend.
10. Favourite flower – Blue Orchids, although I have fallen in love with withe lilies recently.
And my nominees?
Childhood Trauma – Because they always manage to make me choke on my own laughter with their reviews on movies and books that – well, you should see for yourself.
Culinary Storm – Because she just finds the yummiest food and makes cooking it easy till I strut around thinking I’m Master Chef. It was her rainbow cake that made me a fan initially.
The Local Tea Party – Because he says things like this “Then what man? Whenever and wherever you go, people are asking only one thing. When you are getting married, when you are getting married. Arey! Getting married is the sole purpose of having born in this planet, is it? And if we tell the age means, the reaction is even stupid. ‘Oh you are so old and you are not married yet? Why? Any problem you have?’ like that you are asking. You are reacting as if he is having some terminal illness like cancer or AIDS. Any problem YOU have? I want to ask.”. Ha, Just – PRECIOUS.
The Beautiful Blogger Award
And as an acceptance, I have to post a photo of something I have found beautiful. This picture had me speechless.
For people who make a difference by the things the post and the people that they are – here are my nominees
The Blackout Poetess – You can’t help but love her, you’ll see why as you read through her blogs. Her latest passion is Blackout Poetry which has, on occasion, helped me reach important life decisions.
Passion 8+1 – Because pictures speak a thousand words. He captures moments around India that are just too beautiful to be forgotten.
Emilialua – Her posts take me through a roller-coaster ride of emotions. A Sunday morning favourite read.
And now, to go out and bask in your praise! 😀