We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in India but it is a very powerful concept – to sit and relook at your life and think about all the things you are grateful for. It’s easy to slip into a depressive state towards this end of the year because more likely than not, you have resolutions on your list you still haven’t ticked off. This is okay. We are all, in some way of the other, on the same boat. This is my way of taking a moment. Also, I may only be doing it because of the massive ‘T’ orgy in the title. It’s the little things that I’m grateful for!
Life’s Major Achievements –
- Having the will to exercise regularly, eating healthy and being fitter than I have ever been in my life. Plus, losing 40 pounds is apparently kind of a big deal
- Finding myself again, being more confident and outgoing. Let me to meet Salman Rushdie and rediscover friendships I had ignored in my aim to be a recluse
- Throwing two really big and successful parties – Princess Pea‘s bachelorette and my brother’s 21st birthday. Milestone parties are the best. And Halloween – Halloween is my festival and this year we had a 3 hour scavenger hunt.
- Travelling around the UK for 2 months – visiting upwards of 15 new towns/cities. Meeting, as always, amazing people who will be friends forever and a very special blog friend.
- Helping my baby sister with her wedding and watching her walk down the aisle and say “I do”
- Meeting the love of my life and letting myself be open to that relationship even though my previous instinct was to run away. Successfully maintaining a long distance relationship which is in every sense of the word a full fledged relationship
- Writing and reading again – I had given up both for a long, long while. Had lead me to some amazing books, inspiring blogs and blog friends. Plus, I get more views in a month now than I did in the whole of last year. I must be doing something right. Right?
- Being hired for a job I had been after for 3 years (funny story) and working in partnership with Dreamworks Animation Studios
- Spending quality time with my family – getting to know each of them on a level I didn’t have the opportunity to when I was younger
- The future looking bright and full of promise.
Life’s Simple Pleasures –
- A nicely brewed cup of tea
- A long, hot bath after a tiring day
- Tasting new beers and adding them to my ever expanding beer list
- Cat gifs, blogs and memes on the internet. Especially grumpy cat. He makes me feel warm inside.
- Flipkart man frequenting my door.
- Unwinding in front of the TV or getting pumped up while watching the IPL
- Being sung to (helps when your bf is a singer)
- Riding the bike to work every morning
- BUBBLE WRAP
Life’s Most Satisfying Moments –
- Sleeping in and cuddling on a rainy day
- Finding money I didn’t know I had
- Receiving a postcard/letter/package by snail mail
- Waking up suddenly and realising I have more time to sleep
- The ZING of a new idea
- Laughing hysterically or giggling privately
- Finishing what I started
- Making someone smile
- Being pampered silly
- Feeling the post exercise burn
What does your list look like?