Earlier in this blog challenge, I started a list of 30 things you DON’T have to achieve by 30. I know that there are set milestones by society that includes marriage and babies but since you only know for sure about one lifetime, do yourself a favour and be happy?
Here’s the second part of that list –
- Indulge in anti-aging, anti-blemish and anti-wrinkle creams – You are young. You’ve still got a good 60% of your life to go. By all means, take care of yourself. But also revel in your beauty and in your scars. They are what makes you uniquely you.
- A city to call home – You have only just started to discover what you like and what you don’t, that isn’t informed by what your friends or family love. You don’t have to find home just yet. Travel. Explore. See the world.
- A completely ticked off bucket list – You are not a failure just cause you haven’t ticked of the 100 things on your list. If you have, then your list is probably a cheat sheet of easy to do tasks. Truly challenge yourself and have goals and like a fishy once told all of us, just keep swimming.
- Ability to handle a crisis – We are human and therefore prone to panic attacks. This is okay. You don’t always have to be strong. You don’t always have to have it together. It is okay to lose it once in a while because it will teach you lessons like nothing else could.
- Power to turn your nose up at happy hour – No one expects this of you, not in your 30s when you’ve only just begun your career.
- Handling a problem without calling your mum – You’ve just moved to university, you’ve just had your heart broken, you’ve just rented your first apartment that isn’t a student dorm, you’ve just moved countries, you’ve just started a cutthroat job at a corporate – it’s okay to call your mum when fear is all that resides in your heart. You will need the comfort of her voice and the wisdom of her advice. It will get you through the toughest times.
- “I’m too old for that” – is a phrase that should not exist in your vocabulary. No! Nein! Nee! La! Nei! Nahi! Illa!
- Masterchef skills – Yes, you need to survive but you need not know how to make masterchef recipes. Take it easy.
- A signature style – Because, face it, it’ll change and you will probably look back on it and exclaim “WHAT the hell was I thinking!”
- Any idea of what the future will hold – Your life plans need not all be laid out. Where’s the fun in that?