I’ve done it. I’ve managed to reach the grand old age of thirty by failing at every societal standard laid before me – my index finger is ringless, my hair is fashionably grey, my uterus is rotting to the sound of my spinsterhood and I have dared to have a good time nonetheless. Who would’ve thought that being a disgrace would be such an adventure? They should’ve made it less exciting, and catered it to my attraction to procrastination.
My 2016 looked like this:
1. I managed to read 48 books I can officially claim to have read. There are some I can’t claim to have read on account of threat of jail. Aren’t banned books the best?
2. I got to hang out with sea-turtles!
3. I got the Broseph to come visit me. We had so much fun, his trip ended with me getting pneumonia (fun times!)
4. I got to see a Panda LIVE!!!
5. I got to hug my baby niece and spend 2 whole weeks being bullied by her (it was the best feeling in the world!)
5. I got to see 15 new places in Thailand. Not to mention the great towns we got to explore in Kerala, India, over Christmas.
2017 is my 30th year and I intend to go after adventure and happiness with the same (if not slightly more exaggerated) vigour! After all, I read some potty graffiti recently that said “Do more of what you love!”. If that’s not a sign, then I don’t know what is.
Happy 2017 all! Let’s make this one count!