It’s that time of year again where awards are being meted out and it feels like Christmas. Christmas in November before the adverts come on. What’s not to love? And I love this Blog of the Year award (A huge shout out to Half Eaten Mind and Dear Kitty for nominating me) because while it is flattering, I get to show off all the blogs I
stalk read before I go to sleep at night. They have got me through insomnia, stomach problems, zombie apocalypses and general dark days. My life this year wouldn’t have been the same without these blog elves churning up new material surprisingly whenever I needed it.
Here are my blogs of the year and in no particular order –
- Ben’s Bitter Blog – He makes bitter better!
- Englishman in Italy – An Englishman, his Sicilian wife and an Italian/English Dictionary!
- I’m gonna study the rain – He will drive your blues away!
- Personal Travel Stories – Local travel adventures around the world!
- Shift – Because the only thing constant is change!
- Colonialist’s Blog – The general journal of a normal nutter!
The other thing I love about this award is that you can collect stars much like you did in kindergarten. Come on, you know that joy never gets old. So unlike other awards where you keep getting nominated for the same thing by different bloggers, you just change your badge to reflect stars. Stars = number of nominations.
If you know someone who deserves this award, go ahead and nominate them. The instructions are fairly simple –
1. Select your nominees – Check
2 . Write a blog post and tell the world about the blogs you have chosen – Check
3. Let the blogs that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them – Check
4. Go say hi to the creator of the Blog of the Year award – Check
5. Join the ‘Blog of the Year’ Award Facebook page – click the link here and share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
6 And as a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog … and start collecting stars
Who are your nominees?
8 Comments Add yours
Thanks for accepting the Blog of the Year 2013 award…and this is one of the wittiest award write-ups I have ever read. You thoroughly deserve this.
Have a great weekend ahead 🙂
Thank you so much Vijay! Take care!
Thank you for considering my blog for this award!
I think your blog is genius. Why wouldn’t you be nominated? Cheers!
You see, many people value your talent. Me too! Congratulations!
Thank you so much Word Wizard 😉
Aww, thank you! And I agree with Dugutigui — you have a wonderful blog… *You* are wonderful!!!
My ego is feeling a bit overly bloated today. Thank you!